Alabama Sierra Club
DESOTO STATE PARK
Fort Payne, Alabama
November 5 – 7
Public Is Invited
Hosted by the
Coosa Valley Sierra Club
Beginning Nov. 5, 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm Registration Ending Nov. 7, 11:30 am
Early Bird Registration Fee – $50
($65 after Sept. 15)
Inspiring Speakers include:
- Jim Allen - Global vs. Local Energy
- Larry Beane – Learning from Native American History
- Tammy Beane – Historic Pottery Demonstration
- Stephen Guesman – The Energy Efficient Home: Why You Want It and How to Get It!
- Charlotte Hagood – Seeds – Past, Present, and Future
- Dave Holloway - Alabama’s Diversity
- Rev. Dave – Portrayed by David Underhill
Fall Color Hike in the Park – (easy) Led by W. AL Outings Leader Dexter Duren
Little River Canyon – (strenuous) Led by N. AL Outings Leader, Sam Denham (limited to 12)
Waterfall Photography Tour – (easy) Led by Cahaba OutIngs Leader, Jay Hudson
Mentone Art n’ Nature Tour - Led by Peggie Griffin, artist
Meals and Saturday Night Celebration
Friday Evening (6:00 pm) – free range, organic hotdog roast followed by fireside talk
Buffet Breakfast $7.95 (free for lodge occupants)
Saturday box lunch and dinner - featuring local Foods, catered by Mentone Wildflower Café
Saturday Evening Celebration – includes presentation by Rev. Dave and live music.
Call 800-568-8840 to reserve room or cabin at Desoto State Park. (limited lodging)
Ask for the Sierra Club block of rooms.
Motel $67/night – sleeps 2
Rustic cabin $85 – sleeps 4
Chalet $120 – sleeps 4
Camp site - $27.50
Holiday Inn Express, Ft. Payne
Call 256-977-1020 & ask for the
Sierra Club block of rooms.
http://www.discoverlookoutmountain.com/default.htm for more lodging and activities.